London Update #1
Yeah so, I have now made the move to London and have been having a swell time thus far. There are however things that have irked me:
- Landlords blatantly lying about the quality and location of their properties - I have seen too many semi-crackdens this week!
- People talking on loudspeaker on a train.
- PRET - I can’t understand the appeal of this place yet my co-workers and other people are obsessed by it.
- SCOOTERS - What is the deal with this trend? People seem genuinely oblivious of how much they look like bellends.
- The morning commute is relatively painful until I get to Waterloo and walk alongside the Southbank. The trip back, however, is plain and awful hell.
PWCB’s Cinematic Nirvana: “The Prodigal Son” Scene from Blade Runner
Blade Runner (Ridley Scott, 1982)
Blade Runner is probably the most awe-inspiring science fiction film ever conceived. There is no part of the film that isn’t utterly brilliant from it’s grim depiction of the future ruled by commercialisation to the unforgettable score provided by Vangelis that perfectly accompanied the onscreen events like no other soundtrack. The film is probably only…
trappedinpiss asked: gg's music wasn't any good? well that sure is a dumb opinion. look up the jabbers and/or the criminal quartet. both are proof that gg had musical talent.
I’ll admit that what I have heard of GG’s music I wasn’t a fan of. I do enjoy him as a personality of music folklore due to his confrontational live performances. I always enjoyed watching Black Flag live shows because of their intensity but they’re nothing compared to GG’s as he takes it to a totally different level and it kind of works. I will delve a little deeper though.
Also, come on man, there’s no need to call my opinion dumb. That shit just hurts my feelings :(
Cinema Junk Bin #2: Second Glance
The following is a review I wrote some time ago after watching Second Glance in its entirety. I found a copy online and have now annoyingly broke the hard drive that I had it on. It’s a film that more people need to see for all the wrong reasons. Alas, enjoy my rant that I’ve somewhat edited to make it a little more palatable. That said, it’s still a little ranty and rugged.